As discussed in class, Podcasting is a great way to express yourself online, especially as a broadcaster. In groups of 3-4 people, create a short (3-5 minute) “demo” podcast on whatever subject your group has decided on. This is your chance to be creative!
- The podcast must have an intro of some sort (30 seconds max) with theme music. Feel free to use music/sound effects throughout the piece as you see fit.
- The subject of the podcast is up to you—but keep it limited to one (short) segment. Consider this a “demo” of a bigger podcast you’d be producing in the future.
- It’s up to you how to distribute the work, but all group members must have their voices in the podcast in some capacity (Even if one person simply voices the Intro)
- Try your best to have the best audio quality possible–Zooms (or similar recorders) are fine for this assignment. If you possess the ability to, using Skype or a similar VOIP software to record the show
- Keep it PG-13 –no foul language, or X-Rated topics. If you’re unsure, feel free to e-mail me.
- Give your podcast a title–be creative!
In addition to the podcast itself, also provide a short (50-100 word) description of your podcast. Tell me a bit about it–what’s the main “topic” of the podcast? if you were to produce this on an ongoing basis, what sorts of things would your podcast cover? Remember–much like a blog, generally a podcast has a “topic” it focuses on. For example: Technology, Music, Gaming, Sports, etc. Feel free to check out some of the podcasts mentioned in class for examples of “real-world” podcasts and how to structure them.
UPLOAD AUDIO TO SOUNDCLOUD
Posting Step by Step:
- Login to your soundcloud account. (This only needs to be done once, designate a person in your group to use their soundcloud account.)
- On the top navbar click “Upload”
- Click the orange button “Choose file to upload”
- Browse to where your audio file is on your computer and click “Open”
- Give the podcast name in the Title with “DEMO” at the end
- Enter the description of your podcast as mentioned above along with the names of all members in your group and your section #
- Click “Metadata”
- Under License “Select Creative Commons”
- Check “Attribution”, “Non-Commercial” and “Share Alike”
- Check “Enable Downloads” under “Permissions”
- Click “Save”
- Once the audio is finished uploading after clicking Save, click on “Go to your Track”
- Click “Share”
- Copy the “Link” URL and send that in an email to me.
Send 1 Email per group to email@example.com with the Group Podcast Name as the subject line, the students names and Class # in the body, and the link to the post. Must be submitted before Wednesday Dec 9, 2015 at 11:59pm.